当红的Ayam Masak Merah 原本是我想要做的
所以只好做了另外一个版本的Ayam Masak Pedas
分享来自Phong Hong Bakes
Recipe source : Adapted from Azie Kitchen
- 3 chicken legs, cut into 9 pieces.
Spice paste :
- 5 dried chillies, soaked to soften
- 2 big onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2"' ginger
Sauce ingredients :
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons chilli sauce
- Salt and sugar to taste
- 2 big onions, sliced
- 1 small can of green peas
To make the marinade and spice paste :
1. Blend the onions, garlic and ginger first.
2. Remove 2 tablespoons of the blended ingredients.
3. Then add dried chillies into the blender and continue to blend the spice paste.
4. To the 2 tablespoons of blended ingredients, add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Use this to rub all over the chicken pieces and let marinate for 1/2 hour.
To cook the chicken :
1. Steam marinated chicken over high heat for 10 minutes.
2. Heat oil in wok and deep fry the chicken pieces until slightly brown (need not brown all the way through)
3. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
To prepare the sauce :
1. Heat oil in wok and saute the spice paste until aromatic and slightly thick.
2. Add tomato and chilli sauce.
3. Season with salt and sugar.
4. Add the sliced onions and peas. Simmer until onions are slightly tender.
5. Lastly, add fried chicken pieces and stir to coat the chicken pieces with the sauce.